#7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-19, 10:05

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGr

Now that I'm diabetic, there's a lot more at stake and I can't get away with just "starting over".

I want to suggest another way to look at this. Although it is only relatively recently that you reached a level where diabetes was diagnosed, no doubt for many years before that you were in the process of developing diabetes. In other words diabetes isn't something that just all of a sudden appears and now you have to change everything. It is a disease process that can be developing over long stretches of time. Thinking this way would save a lot of people what you are going through now, this sudden revelation of "oh my goodness now I am sick and have to do something about this". If the benefits of a low carb diet were promoted for all people then maybe lots of people would be spared from ever developing the disease. I say this not as any criticism of you. In fact I applaud you for deciding to take control of things. Rather it is my hope that more doctors will get on the low carb bandwagon and stop treating diabetes as an either you've got it or not situation and as more a result of dangerous lifetime nutrition habits. That way maybe more people will be prevented from ever developing diabetes.