Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaward4
im starting day 7 this morning. this is the first time in a while that i made it thru the weekend. i have been journaling my food in the journal forum everyday. i weighed myself. i am down 5 pounds!! seven more days to go and i then start phase two. the bins and the meal prepping have been working. just want to thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Excellent news! Well done! I'm not doing the same plan as you (I'm doing Atkins) but I know that I definitely made things easier for myself by reading the my relevant book, researching and planning stuff out beforehand. Be sure to continuously keep on checking in with yourself, revisit your reasons for wanting to achieve this and stay focused. Any time you feel like cheating, or having a "day off" really think about what that will mean in the long run. Especially early on in this new way of eating. The urge to cave to cravings will be momentary and soon pass, but the regret of giving in and knowing you have to work hard to get back on plan will stay with you a lot longer. Like all of us, you're going to have times when the scale doesn't move, or it wobbles back up a bit for a couple of days even though you've stayed on plan; so know that those moments are going to be the times that need you to keep tapping into your motivation for doing this. You don't need to give yourself more frustration by allowing fleeting urges to go off-plan, result in you needing to recalibrate yourself afterwards.

You're off to a great start! If you've been journaling, be sure to write out just how awesome it feels to have shifted those first 5lbs, so you'll have that feeling of mini-milestone success there on paper, to return to any time things start to get more difficult. Remembering how awesome it feels to see the success on the scale should help you push through and keep on keeping on, every day/week.

Weekends are often the hardest time for a lot of people who are trying to stick to a new way of eating, so congratulations on managing to negotiate that first one successfully. Know that if you did it once, you can do it again. Because you totally can. Remember how you did it, remember how it felt and approach every weekend the same way.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work and be sure to keep sharing your experiences with us here on the forum.

Good luck

Blue

P.S. Don't forget to update your weight stats in your profile so your progress will appear in the top right hand corner of all the posts you make.