Old Sun, Sep-03-17, 07:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
maintenance for me is just a continuation of everything I was doing while I was losing weight.
That's how it is for me too...

Dr. A said this in A '72 page 263:
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
I really haven't changed anything that I was doing to lose the weight; I haven't tried to increase carbs, or allow "cheat meals" etc.

I've truly been blessed since I know exactly how many kcals and carbs (my "sweet spot") I can eat daily w/o gaining weight, getting cravings etc...

Interesting that this thread popped back up b/c this is what I wrote in my journal this morning:
Quote:
Staying 100% OP has NOT been difficult at all... lately I've been eating the same things day-in and day-out.

Not complaining one iota since it means I don't have to think about food or what Imma gonna eat PERIOD! Which is one of my many food related issues!

Food really is a none-issue since it doesn't hold the same "entertainment" value it used to have when I was "Fat Jo". I really only eat to nourish my body...

Tomorrow will mark 3 years, 6 months, 2 weeks and counting in Maintenance!

Imma really proud about that since I've never EVER stayed in maintenance for any significant amount of time!

Okay, seriously, I NEVER did maintenance before which would explain my years and years of yo-yo dieting!

Honestly, it's truly easier to stay 100% OP every.single day then to have to battle "FAT Jo" and her carb addiction!

Imma gonna stay 100% OP today and let tomorrow take care of itself!
My answer to your original question, Kathleen24:
Quote:
Do you find a peace where you are no longer trying to lose, or is it an eternal-vigilance feeling?
Imma in the eternally vigilant camp b/c my past yo-yoing dieting history has taught me that if I get lazy about my eating, "Fat Jo" gets a toe hole into my reality. And I just don't have the emotional fortitude to fight her fat azz again!