#17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 328/266.8/230 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
So, this thread languished a bit, but I just found it and I'm thinking of your surgery. How are you? Did the down time interrupt your progress?

Thanks for asking! My knee replacement surgery went well. I am 9 weeks out and just rode 7 miles on my recumbent bike this morning, I rode 5 last night. 12 miles in under 18 hours is good for me.

I worked hard at getting into decent physical shape for 3 months prior to my surgery and worked through the pain afterwards which I think really helped me recover quickly. At my 6 week surgery followup my doctor said I was more like where most people are at 3 months.

Not sure if I mentioned this but I have had arthritis for 30 years, just about every joint I have hurts, the exercise and strengthening of my muscles seems to help. I work through pain but the end result is better overall health, feeling and looking better. Plus I have so many clothes I am putting in totes to donate..

I have been weak following my diet since the surgery, although I am still hovering around my lowest weight. I'll cheat a few days then get back on the diet.. Right now I have been back on the diet for 4 days, over the first few days hump. I'm ready for the next phase to take me down another 40 lbs. Being at my pre-surgery exercise routine now has me motivated to get the last bit of excess off.

I am also enjoying wearing T-shirts again!