View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 18:16

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Thumbs up I'm baaack

I said I'd be back in a month and here I am. For the past four weeks I have concentrated on reducing the saturated fat in my diet (notably dropping the cream in my coffee, the full-fat yogurt and most of the red meat and cheese). I haven't eliminated the sat fat, just replaced it with MUFAs everywhere I could.

The important thing is that I have definitely reversed the weight gain. I only lost 2 lbs, but I took about .75 inches off my waist and my clothes fit well again. Two lbs and .75 inches doesn't sound like much, but I am only 5 feet tall and about 6-7 lbs overweight, so it is a big step in the right direction. My total calories remain about the same 1300-1400 per day on average with 60-65% coming from fats. I haven't increased the number of carbs, just made more of an effort to get more of them from vegetables. In fact, lately, I have made a point to eat green, red, orange, yellow and purple produce of some kind every day. I include one small serving of either fruit or grains every day. I have put "Rosedale" as my preferred woe because what I am doing is closest to his recommendations for maintenance, although I don't take any of his supplements.

I'm sure there are people reading this who are rolling their eyes at my reduction of saturated fats, but I think that when you are close to goal, the quality of fat and carbs really comes into play. Even if sat fat doesn't cause heart disease, I believe that my body will burn only the saturated fat that I eat instead of my stored fat if I don't cut back.

I think I am going to keep the diet like this for awhile and put more effort into exercising every day.

Just thought I'd check in, since several women noted that they were having the same sort of problems.