Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 14:06

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniriki
JudyNYC is right, those changes you've made are really good ones. It really is a matter of getting your head in the right place. Gardening is a great way to get your mind off of your problems, and so is taking a walk. Thanks for the suggestions. Also, I've been reading about black strap molasses - who would have thought that stuff could do so much. I wonder if its really true. Have you noticed great improvements since you started taking it? Do you just down a tablespoon, or do you mix it in milk or water?

Thanks Ann!

Yes the black strap molasses has really helped me....it gives me a bit of energy when I use it, but I use a teaspoon full 3 times a day for the energy boost! It's amazing because it is the part of the sugar with all of the vitamins and minerals so I stir it in yogurt, or in peanut butter on flax bread, or into oatmeal, etc... I can't eat it by itself because I am insulin resistant and it makes my blood sugars rise...but I use cinnamon before meals to counteract that process! I don't use any form of sugar any more, other than sugarless gum when exercising...I just sprinkle cinnamon in my teas...

Hope this helps somehow...

TJ