Old Sat, Nov-05-11, 22:45
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1492
I have heard this many times too PJ..It is because people shield themselves from self harm,thinking it will happen to the other person and never to them..Every diabetic knows the horror stories of losing limbs,eyesight,organs to diabetes,but they think they are in control,and can manage it..If you were to ask most sane people,"Which would you choose..Your feet or Pasta??..Your eyesight or bagels??" We know what the answer would be..However when told "You can lower your sugars and reduce the risk for illness and organ damage in the future by cutting out all sugar,grains etc"..The answer is "Oh I couldn't do that..I will just increase my insulin!!"

I see patients for a living. This is not a rare statement. I hear it all the time. I also hear patients say they know they could lose a limb or their eye site...but could never give up <blank>. It saddens me to no end. I just keep fighting the good fight and hope thru education (carbohydrate controlled eating--not ADA ) that the message will be heard.