View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 11:07

Plan: glucophage prescription
Stats: 213/202/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Evonja, Finally someone else who's taking glucophage for the same reason I am. I've also looked all over the internet and found very limited info. I've also posted on the PCOS sight on this list as well hoping for some feedback. I've lost my usual 5 pounds I usually lose during the week and then put back on, on the weekend. My doc was hesitatnt to prescribe but he had heard of it being done before. One of the biggest things I've noticed is I've lost the craving for something sweet after meals (one of my biggest downfalls). I'm only taking 250 mg once a day so far, I'm thinking about upping the amount to 500mg (1 pill) maybe starting next week. I'm really hoping this will work, I feel like it is even as a placebo so far. I don't really know that much about why and how it works and would love to learn more. The reason I asked my doc for it is my mom is a medical transcriptionist in a large city and said that it was being prescribed to a lot of non-diabetics for weight loss with good results, based on the transcriptions she does. why I'd been meaning to call him, just to get more answers. If you'd like to email back and forth privately (since we both seem to be in the same boat weight and heightwise and goalwise), I'd be interested, let me know via the forum.

thanks April