#37   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 12:14
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/220/154
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Insignificant?

They keep talking about how the differences between the diets in the study was insignificant. I don't really see basically doubling the weight loss with better blood work number as insignificant, but hey I'm not a doctor whose been talking bad about low-carb for years and now the studies just won't say what I want them to.

Maybe they need to select their participants a bit more carefully, 40% drop out rate means that the maintenance numbers are useless, as they admit but still seem to draw conclusions from them. Plus I wouldn't be suprised to see if the breakdown for that average weight wasn't exactly fair. Previous studies I've seen have but people with alot less to lose on the Atkins side of the study.

No matter what though...Even if they minimize the results of the Atkins diet and say it was a failure. Then the low-fat results were a collasal disappointment comparitively. Yet again I ask if Atkins is so dangerous, where's the trail of dead bodies because there would have to be one a mile long by now. You know that if there was even a slight problem the media would have latched onto it. It seems to me they haven't found it because it isn't there.