#9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-07, 09:44

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppin
How would you know what I Have done, It is impossible to stay on my low carb and have a ice cream shop so before you just me read what I wrote and I didnt come here to get critisized I came here for support

CVH was trying to help, and honestly i got the same impression from your original post that he did. and of all the bad foods out there, ice cream is by far my achilles heel.

i have first-hand experience trying to low-carb around masses of high-sugar and high-carb foods. i worked in a place where muffins, bagels, cookies, cheesecake, and brownies came through at least twice a week, with 2 weeks in the summer where we got COMPLETELY swamped with it. you know what i did? i became immune to it. i told myself that those items were no longer food, and i kept low-carb alternatives stocked around me. if i absolutely had to eat something high carb, for a tasting or something, then i took a taste and spit it out.

by doing that, i lost 70lbs. i'm only here a second time because i went off low-carb when i got pregnant with twins.

at this point i realize that it's far too late to convince you that selling the shop isn't going to solve your problem, and if you're in a financial situation where you can live comfortably whether you have the shop or not, then more power to you. personally, i think anyone can overcome any circumstances as long as they put their mind to it.

did the ice cream leap out of the containers, tie you up in the freezer, and shove itself down your throat scoop by scoop? no. if it were me, i would have seen the shop as an INCREDIBLE opportunity to start creating and marketing low-carb and sugar-free ice creams. i make my own at home, with absolutely rave reviews. however, you've made your decision, and that's fine. it's your life, it's your shop.

let us know how you're doing after the shop is gone, and how you tackle any other cravings and temptations that come your way. you might find that someday you'll be able to open up another ice cream shop without any temptation at all. good luck!