View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-23, 08:29

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Received this in email form this morning from Unsettled Science, and not a message with which I wanted to start the week, but to be fair, it's hardly surprising. We've seen this behavior more and more lately. The problem I have is that many of us have watched this happen where those who desire to form the world's thoughts and policies are able to financially enlist willing accomplices in the science, academic, and political arenas. It seems these enlisted folks, many who border on sociopathic behavior, fueled by financial gains and other favors, are only too eager to distort the truth for personal gain.

We've had discussions on this forum regarding Tuft's Food Compass, and the potential it had to be used as the preferred tool to inform the public about food nutrition. Yes, it's a joke. No, it's not going away soon, as Dariush Mozaffarian has taken a leave of absence from his position at Tuft's to work with the World Economic Forum and the WHO to use this tool to establish global food policies. You really couldn't make this up in a bad dream. I'll just defer to Joe Rogan's comment that the Food Compass rankings are “complete, undeniable, indefensible BS.”

To end on a positive tone, many who participate on this forum have already decided they are not going to let conventional and popular messaging form their opinions about what constitutes healthy food choices. It's really a time to be more strident and outspoken about things like the Food Compass, as it's simply another example of the growing lack of concern for human welfare, and it's unacceptable.