View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

i think we really have to get over what we look like and i can't help to think those of us who have gained 100 lb+ over our "ideal" weight did it because of the remarks.
I know myself as a young teenager when the remark of "you won't find a husband" or "you would be soooo pretty" made me get my back up and would send into a binge.
I chose the low carb way of life because because my weight was going up 10 lb a year and with no slowing down in sight not because of how i looked.
One of the most insightful remarks made to me was a lady who said that in her mind she was beautiful. Fat or thin she would look in the mirror and say wow im hot stuff. and i guess i feel that way too!
At my heaviest i still attracted my husband and sometime others(much my horror) as well.
I think you do the best with what you have and you do all you can to make youself feel confident and people will gravitate towards you.
To prove my point, how many of us know people that are soooo down on themself and think so little of themself and yet have only 10 lb of excess weight.
be happy deal with your weight but first and foremost BE HAPPY!