View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 04:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default LC Chose Me

I was asked this question in another thread so decided to post my answer here as well....I would have to say we chose this WOL for all of the above reasons...

Actually our story is pretty typical in the fact that we both were following high carb/low fat to the letter... I have always been very active exercising (swimming, walking etc)...but could not shed a pound... was very muscular but was disappointed in my overall appearance and attributed my added poundage to middle age...hubby was built typically like most middle age guys...tiny butt and nice looking legs but all his weight was in his belly...his family has a history of heart disease and diabetes so with most of the weight he was carrying around his middle he was a heart attack waiting to happen...one day a friend had mentioned he was reading a book called Protein Power and that the explanation of following a Low Carb diet made alot of sense to him...he passed it on to my hubby and he read it from cover to cover...hubby is one who does not make decisions on the spur of the moment and analyzes everything to death before acting ( Business Manager ) so when he came to me and expressed a desire to try LC I was amazed... first of all I was pissed off because I had high carb/low fat down to a science and for him to even suggest we eat bacon and eggs sent me ballistic.. on a whim I decided to indulge him... when I jump into something I research it diligently...if we were going to do this we were going to do it right I was flabbergasted when we both started losing weight...this was just too easy after starting the plan I searched for support online and found LC Canada and other great LC sites where things have now progressed a long way since I began this WOE... such wonderful supportive info out there now I began comparing different plans ie Atkins, PP, CAP etc. and for our lifestyle found PP worked best for us...when we started small amounts of LC fruits were not allowed on Atkins and the carb levels for induction/intervention were different etc...decided if it wasn't broke don't fix it hubby was taking lipitor for high chlor but since losing fifty pounds and in the best shape of his life he is now meds free... we are both examples of how this WOL does work and continues to work