View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-23, 09:21

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

As one who speaks up whenever an opportunity arises, the masses have closed ears. In fairness, i too , didn't listen. That new info didn't fit with the well ingrained info.

Then I saw two women at my workplace shed the pounds. The said Atkins but couldn't explain the science.

A few months later, after quitting that job, i purposely looked for a copy of DANDR. And read with 🤨 distrust. Atkins presented an overwhelming number of studies and convinced me his method works. I tried it and for the first time lost weight. Made me a believer.

I try to tell a friend with gastric issues to try ACV. But as a nursing student, she knows that won't work. What I know is that I dont have an MD so my info is bunk.But I keep trying.

A friend tried Whole30. And now lives that diet. We have wonderful food conversations now. A 180 from her deaf ears.

Fortunately, my kids had to listen to mom. The far reaching benefit is my children grew up questioning the pyramid. Not allowed to eat school lunches. Learned to raise chickens for eggs and meat. Question the food supply system.

To ask how does a person benefit from taking a position? It is money driven? Companies are money driven. Question motives. All food companies are profit driven.

My kids think and not only question food but also applies questioning beyond food. They think.

Too many don't think.