Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 18:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelanau
I know its been quite a while since someone posted on this thread, but its soooo relevant to me right now. I can't figure out if I should start donating some of my clothes, and start shopping, or they still look ok. I've lost 40, but my middle is not smaller yet.

I usually just throw something on, but I'm just three pounds until I reach a weight I haven't been since 1998, and I really want to wear something new!
Take a friend with you who will tell you the truth about what you're trying on...just like S Piper said, you've gotta try clothes on because different brands/styles etc dictate the size.

My dds take me shopping when I go visit them and they are always honest with me. Actually they've made me buy things I wouldn't have thought to wear because in my mind's eye I'm still "Fat Jo".

I like the idea that you're going to donate the stuff that gets too big for you... I used to box my fat clothes up, giving myself permission to go off plan and regain the weight That was stupid...but NOT this time around. As soon as something got too big, I gave it away to my favorite charity thrift store. My best friend now wears a size 4 and used to wear size 1-2 so we've traded clothes... she has impeccable taste!

Some thrift stores have very nice clothing very expensively priced, that's a good place to get your "right size" clothing for now and then buy smaller sizes as you need them...it will save you money on your journey to a skinnier you!

Wishing you continued success on your journey!

Onward, ↓ DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever!

Jo

Hi! My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!