View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 07:43
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

In order to take dex after a workout, you should be lifting fairly intensly. Yes, I was nervous to take it at first. When I DID first start I was taking it as "Smarties" candies, I would eat just about 3 rolls, which at 7 grams a roll is 21grams. The sticks showed that I was in ketosis when I would get home a couple of hours later, as I was working out mid-morning and eating lunch out after. After found source for just plain dex, is easier to add to PWO shake, although getting to eat a little candy can be a nice small "extra" (but harder on the tooth decay, I assume).

Anyway, if the sticks are the only way you can tell if you are in ketosis ( I used to use them, but the stinky pee is enough for me now-a-days *read, cheaper*), then get them and start at a low amount of dex, say 10 grams or so and see if you stay in keto. If you do, you can work your way up a little at a time to see how much works for you without kicking you out.

And if you don't wanna' tempt it, don't, lots of people do CKD without the small carbs after workouts, still works.