Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bthinner!
MOMD 13 (2/6/14)

Still exercising..
Still playing with the same five pounds.

I was reading another thread on General. Wheat Belly and dairy. I have the book and am reading it now. Of course, now I will be looking for the dairy part! The thread was saying that dairy (cream, butter, cheese) raises insulin. Well, if that's true, it makes sense why I'm not losing. My insulin is probably kept too high. I used to drink my coffee black. I added cream to add fat. And I used to add a little butter to my veggies anyway, but now I add it to all of them to increase the fat content. Only, I might be raising the draw bridge and locking down all the exits... ACK!!

And of course I just made the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. Well, that may be okay. It's for work. (c: If I'm lucky, there won't be any left over. And, I'm thinking I will start adding coconut oil instead of butter.

Congratulations on your engagement Liddie01!!! ♥♥♥

Arielle, You're absolutely right!! I can't tell you how many times I've started over...

Try cultured butter or try Ghee and only eat raw cheese...and if you can find it, un homogenized or raw cream...I have to pretty much cut out all dairy other than cultured butter and raw cheese to get a good foothold after induction. Later I add in Kefir, real cultured sour cream and a little yogurt. Full fat and organic please...
Also I cook in coconut oil when possible and use the cultured butter for the awesome flavor. It is expensive (organic cultured butter) but it takes me weeks to eat 1/2 pound of the stuff!