View Single Post
  #320   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-12, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
The error comes when you think reducing fat is a good idea. It's never a good idea. That's what happened 30 years ago, we reduced fat and look where it got us. Fat is food, fat is satisfying, fat is good.

I agree absolutely, of course. As I put on weight, I tried to reduce more and more of the things the "experts" said were causing the problem: I'd never eaten a lot of refined carbs, so I reduced oils, butter, red meat, chicken.. the longer I went, the more I cut out and the more vegetables I ate. Turning all that on its head changing everything around, and I was able to lose quite well on more calories and 70% fat.

I just don't understand how my parents can eat what they eat and maintain a normal weight, where all their children are not experiencing the same. I am not saying we are perfect - we all tipple from time to time and are not strangers to chocolate. My brother attributes his extra weight to eating too much, plus he drinks quite a bit. But my sister has never eaten or drunk a lot.

I am definitely increasing the greens in my diet, to see if that can give me a metabolic/health boost. My first delivery of kale arrives tomorrow.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read over my lengthy posts and to reply.