View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 10:50

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Talking

I think most regain because they either consciously or unconsciously look at their diet as a way to get to their goal - their desired weight. Once they are "there" they think they are done and slowly go back to eating what they want without regard to what is it doing to them. Usually the regain is slow and before they know it they are back where they started.

I have struggled for years up and down. I am losing slowly this time.....Probably because I am not eating extreme zero low carb/keto. I am low carb - not zero carb. I eat a few carbs each day.....more like the atkins 40 or maintenance. I am concentrating on cutting carbs, and eating less food totally, especially at night. It is working for me, and I have made some permanent changes to what I eat.

Basically, like everyone says, you have to change for life. You can't look at this as temporary. Also, I weigh myself daily. I know weight fluctuates with water retention, etc., but I do it anyway so I am always aware of what I weigh. I will not let this creep up again.

I have lost about 86 pounds and have 35-40 more to go to reach the "normal" BMI for my height. I figure it will take me another year to get there.

You just have to remember that YOU control this. You are in charge of what goes into your mouth, so you only have yourself to blame or congratulate for your progress. ..........

Here's a little rant.............it drives me CRAZY to see fat unhealthy cats and dogs, because I know that they did not open that refrigerator or bag of dog food themselves. ........ as a dog lover it is something that drives me nuts! Just like with people, overweight pets die early and suffer health issues they would not have at a normal weight......ok, I'll get off the soapbox now......What is so weird is that I may have allowed myself to get fat, but my dogs were always in perfect weight. Odd that I was so concerned about their health and appearance and let myself do just the opposite...Yikes....that's scary