Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 13:22

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulder
Hi Whofan,

I spend much less time shopping for food now, after all, once you've perused the meat and veggie section the rest of the shop is full of rubbish.

So well said!!

I understand holding on to the calorie-counting habit, and that may be a good thing for you. Down the road, as you approach goal, counting calories may become more necessary. For me, I would not have been able to do lc if I had to count carbs AND calories. Just no patience for it. The first couple of weeks I counted carbs religiously until I got to know by just looking what the carbs would be. Also, during that time I just ate lc whenever I felt a craving or yearning coming on. Sometimes that meant eating slices of meat, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, avocados, almost constantly throughout the day. Yet the lbs just fell off. It was like a miracle. Then the cravings disappeared and I was able to eat regular meals like a normal person. I find that if I stick to non-starchy meat, fish, eggs, veg, fruit it isn't necessary to ever count anything. Easy-peasy.

Under 50 carbs a day seems to be how most of the posters here have lost their weight - but by no means all. Some eat twice as much, some eat no carbs at all, so you really have to experiment to find out what works best for you.