View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-29-16, 10:04

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Beef Cheek preparation - Help!

Well, well, I purchased some Beef Cheek this weekend and got busy making 2 things with it that tasted good but were very chewy. The cow must have strong cheeks to re-chew that grass over and over. When I got the beef cheek and looked at it it looked like fat marbling and the meat itself is very soft and pliable.

So the first brilliant idea I had was to try to put it in some soup and have the hot liquid cook the meat for me like they do in Pho joints...

The meat tasted real good but it felt like there were rubber bands in it. I chewed and chewed in honor of the cow that it had come from. His or her's revenge I guess. You think I would have learned but I'm very slow accepting things. I couldn't believe that this cheek was not tender and delicious so I tried it again in a stir fry...

My gum line between my teeth felt like it had been beaten down by a bunch of mini-jackhammers. After I was finished I had to find a pair of pliers to pull out the connective tissue or gristle that remained happily loddged just above the road construction hundredth...

So, I put the rest of the Beef Cheek in the freezer and will try again. I think I remember one person saying it was his or hers most favorite cut. I think you'd have too slow or pressure cook this to break it down. It is very tasty but not the way I'm doing it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You!
Sponsored Links