#11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 22:52

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 197/166/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepard
So you have tried this? Could you describe the procedure in detail for me, please? Did you simply prick a tiny hole and the fatty lump can be squeezed out? Is the lump hard or maleable? Mine are small and I wonder if a pinprick hole would heal quicker than the ‘burns’ that topical treatments leave behind.

While looking at my eye in one of those small 10x magnification mirrors with suction cups in the back to stick it on the bathroom mirror, I pull the skin up with one hand and try to pierce the area over the fatty deposit with the needle. The skin, although thin, is very resistant to being punctured. It's difficult to get the needle deep enough to where the fat is. I'm able to get only a small amount out before it gets irritated and starts bleeding, so I stop. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fat is solid enough to be squeezed out, like the head of a pimple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepard
Interesting and although a good example of “correlation doesn't equal causation”, most hits do indeed describe high cholesterol as being the culprit, however most also advocate the outdated advice of decreasing dietary cholesterol to control blood cholesterol, so that does not inspire a lot of trust.
Plus, my blood cholesterol has been in the normal range for decades and I still have xanthelasma ...

Not to mention, people have tried low-fat diets and it doesn't eliminate the spots either.

I stumbled across this study where people with xanthelasma were divided into two groups; one was given an injection of B12 weekly for 6 to 20 weeks, the other was given an oral supplement. Many in the former group got good results:

Treatment of Xanthelasma with Vitamin B12
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scien...15486610#af0010

I wonder how sublingual B12 would do? I take it once a week or two. It's worth a try!