View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-15, 10:53

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

This is a terrific conversation. Just too many links!

I've just waded through Feinman's The World Turned Upside Down. Recommend listening to his interview with Sam Feltham on Smash the Fat. Sorry--don't have a link. But Janet does! P. S. here it is:

http://live.smashthefat.com/the-wor...ed-upside-down/

Nobody in my family dies of anything, so I'm skipping the colonoscopy and mammogram indefinitely. I'm "old" now so the government nags me about them now and will pay for them. You can thank me, taxpayers, as I morph into an increasingly useless old person. I also get my thyroid med for "free" via mail order pharmacy. I do spend quite a bit out of pocket for vitamins and other supps. Where's the government when you really need it?

Feinman states that the first LC revolution was kicked off by Gary Taubes in 2002 with his NYT article, "What if it's all been a big fat lie?" But Atkins called his 1972 book Diet Revolution, and I call that the first--it only took thirty years for it to heat up.

Now...off to follow some of those links. Thanks everybody.

Here's the quote I lifted from the original article:
Quote:
This is how Warburg described the metabolic origin of cancer in 1924, “Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by the fermentation of sugar.” -