View Single Post
  #485   ^
Old Thu, May-30-13, 10:36

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 160/149/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hey there Gweny!

Congrats on 19 Months. I have 18 Months :-)

I was a sugar addict the moment I stopped drinking but my sponsor told me to not worry, it's normal, and once you've got the sobriety a little bit stronger then you can work on the next thing.

I also started smoking more heavily and again, once I was on stable ground with my drinking, could start tackling that. It still seems to be a struggle as it is the one thing I can do socially now that I don't drink. But at the end of the day, it's all in our heads!!

One great book for stopping smoking is the Alan Carr book. If you've not read it - google it!! Well worth the read.

I was lucky in that I'd been down the LC WOL long before my drinking got out of control so once I'd got my head around not eating only chocolate and candy daily, it was an old habit I could get back into. Not been perfect, but looking at my profile, I got back on it June 4th last year which was my 6 month mark so although I've wavered a bit, I'm happy to have this as my core 'diet'.

Good Luck one and all, and congrats on all those years of sobriety!! One day at a time - and first things first.

PG!!!