View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 01:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

There are a lot of reasons, but for me the #1 reason is not doing any inner work. It's tough and it's painful but to totally change your relationship to food, it has to be done.

You may be an addict, and there is no shame in that. There is shame in not finding the resources to help you overcome your addiction. Instead, many people hide because they're afraid. Or they blame others for their predicament. Or they're so selfish and controlling that they can't see what's in their face. And it all becomes a vicious circle.

This happened to me, less than a year into LC. I became totally terrified because I couldn't reconcile the way I looked on the outside with the way I was on the inside. There was no way I was going to abandon LC as it was my greatest ally and I realized I had to do the work that I had put off for so long.

We have to learn to fearlessly let go of whatever devastaing, negative, soul-sucking issues that we might have to get to our true spirit. None of us should have to live with the hell we create for ourselves and with some help, to be able to walk away and not open that door again. We learn that we don't have to.

One of my fave quotes from Einstein: Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them. Ain't it the truth!

Karen