View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 17:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Keep an eye out for these and other PC frozen veggies to be on sale over the holiday season

Okay so ...

Tried the frozen spiralized zuke. It comes in individual "nests" which is handy .. just take out what you need, put the rest back in the freezer . For the first trial, I attempted to sauté straight from the freezer. Didn't work .. ended up quite watery. Second time, I thawed in a strainer and then patted dry with paper towel. Much better result, will do this from now on .

Also tried the chopped broccoli/zucchini mix. Yum, yum, yum . This I used straight from the freezer, no problem.

Made a frittata (following recipe is for one serving; please adjust amounts for more) ... fried 2 strips bacon, took them out and set aside. Added a big handful of frozen broc/zuke mix to the hot grease (be careful, it spatters!) and a generous sprinkle of onion powder. Stir well and let it cook till veggies are quite soft. Meanwhile, beat 2 eggs, add s & p to taste. Preheat your broiler. By now the bacon should be cool enough to handle .. use kitchen shears to dice it up. Toss the diced bacon pieces into pan with the veggies, stir it up then pour over the beaten eggs. Cook until the bottom is set .. sprinkle the top with a handful of shredded cheese. Pop under the broiler for a few minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden. Enjoy!!

Will definitely be buying these again