View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 20:25

Plan: South Beach, Atkins, mine
Stats: 240/200/170 Female 63"
BF:25%
Progress: 57%
Default My experience on Gluc plus...

Glucophage is the brand name per the manufacturer...
Metformin etc... are generics of...
www.Drugs.com for info...

Note: Most people get upset stomachs and headaches on Metformin... Your doctor may tell you its your body getting used to it... NO! Your body is rejecting it! True with anything, it depends on the individual as well...

Fact: Budweiser is the only beer having many chemicals in it... Alot of people drinking it get headaches but still drink their Bud! Source: A beer distributor manager...

My experiences on Glucophage;
Glucophage XR 500mg daily is my "miracle"pill... 20 minutes after taking the 1st pill my cravings disappeared... I had to make myself eat... I lost 30lbs in 4 months along with dropping 6 full dress sizes... Budget caused me to go off Gluc... I gained 2 sixes back in 2 years and gained fat in the form of cellulite for the 1st time in my life!
- Gluc's side effects are all positive for me...Accept for the bouts of constipation like... I know from a post in here to add more fiber and fat...

*Point: Each person is different in how their body reacts to drugs and food, etc...
- All you can do is try things... Keep a journal...
- Treatment and diet is a trial & error experience...
- It's your body... Most doctors have little clues to the truth in PCOS...

My symptoms are minor (28 of the 50 in my PCOS List)... Gluc diminishes most all of mine and makes the few less to deal with...
- I feel mellow and complete while on Gluc... A hormone thing...

I eat a high protein, complex and low carb style diet with Gluc and lose weight on a steady basis... I cheat one day at lunch or dinner a week to reward myself... My blood tests show within ranges...

* You have to eat while on Gluc to drop weight!

My asian MD doc told me to choose a size i love and use the Gluc as a maintenance pill from then on...
- I will have adjusted to a proper lifestyle of eating then...

I am very happy on Glucophage XR 500mg daily....
Christie