View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-18, 12:36

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome back, Dale.

Your numbers remind me a bit of me and where I was in 2015. I was in a pretty bad way, despite doing my best to do what I was told. Who could have known that all those "experts" were wrong my entire life? But I digress.

One of the things that helped me get started was just explaining to my buddies that I wouldn't always be able to do all the things I used to do with them anymore. I'm not a particularly social person, by this I mainly mean catch up with someone for lunch at a pizza or curry place or whatever, but the principle still applies. I was so relieved that they were prepared to support me on my journey and we started to lunch at a couple of different places instead of the old usuals. Is there any way you can bring your mates on board to some extent to help remind you to stay on track when you're out and about?

As for vacations, I don't do that often either, partly out of fear that I'll mess up when I'm away. I went to the States for a couple of weeks in 2016, which - coming from New Zealand - was kind of a big deal. During that time I tried to stay on track as best I could, but recognised that I wasn't always going to have that same level of control over my food as I normally do at home, and indeed I put on a couple of pounds as a result. But as soon as I got back, it was straight back on the wagon and it all came back off again.

Depending on how often and for how long you go on vacation, perhaps it's just one of those things you can look to manage as best you can without ruining the experience completely, as long as you keep things fairly strict during your normal home routine?