View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-10, 14:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/241.8/190 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default FNG here!

Hello everyone my name is Dale as you can tell by my name I am into Rock Crawling basically anything 4 wheel drive.

I am here because I have some newbie questions/ and support. I have am not a very fit person anymore so my hobby suffers and of coarse the dreaded Dr. visit says my wife and I have to lose weight. (High cholesterol and BP) Nothing out of the normal for Southern America. We like every thing fried including vegetables so it is no wonder I am where I am. We started walking 30 minutes a night as directed by the Dr.

Here I am at 270lbs

As you can see I got my work cut out for me.

My Dr. has advised me to go on a low carb diet but he is not hard core on it. He told me to eat a fruit a day all the vegetables I want except potatoes of any kind. No grains. Now I did the Atkins diet a long time ago and got down to 172lbs.. That was about a 47lb loss for me.

Pic of me at 172.

I guess some of my questions are like I don't remember much about reading labels on the food to tell what kind of carbs they have.

Like for example Sharpe Cheddar cheese. I know you not supposed to have very much of it but if a read the label it really wont hurt my diet.

Like it has 1g of carbs but it also has 7g of protein. Isn't the protein supposed to counter act the carb in it? or is that only for dietary fiber?

I don't drink coffee at all but I do have an sugar free energy drink every morning and that is only 1 a day. Is that going to be that bad on me? I really hate water but drink it and some times put cystal light in it or drink the powerade zero. All have no carbs.

I want to be thin but I also want to be happy in what I do on my diet because to me that is whats going to make it last.

OH yeah the reason I slipped off my carb diet the first time. I have gall blader issues and it had to come out. The high protein diet like to killed me with my gall stones.

Any advice or am I going about this all wrong. Not real worried about losing fast. I am realistic and I know I didn't get this way fast.

Thanks Dale
Sponsored Links