View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-19, 18:36

Plan: Low carb, suff. protein
Stats: 115/103/95 Male 191cm
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Time to put it to the test

I'm very impressed with Dave's theories and his experiments to date.
It's one of those situations where it all seems to add up and ties in what appeared to be contradictory dogmas.
I am myself counting in the class he describes as hyper-responders.
I have taken to a version of IF. Skipping breakfast and eating 2pm to 10pm, keeping mostly LC.
In response my weight, triglycerides, waistline, blood pressure, & blood glucose, are down to new (if unremarkable) lows.
HDL is at record high.
The fly in the ointment is my LDL has headed skyward and my new doc, following the diktats of his masters, wants me on the drugs. He has given me a scrip for a repeat blood test 3 months on from previous, to confirm my high LDL.

Reading Dave's theories suggests I could save myself by producing a large drop in LDL using Dave's big re-feed method. As this is the first try it will be a white knuckle ride as I won't know the result until the test results go back to the medical centre.
RE the re-feed, I will probably try and get some mono-fat in there rather than all sat-fat, even though the sat-fat appears easier to glug down as double cream etc.
Also I think some carbs (added as mashed potato) could be added given Dave's vid at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pybQjVeiQ .
I'll let you all know the results. Here's hoping.