#17   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 21:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
I am feeling so lost right now. I have been on this emotional roller coaster for a while now due to life circumstances and I can't get off. My eating is definitely affected by it. I just can't seem to find the inner strength to stop eating the foods I know are harming me. I am reading and reading and reading...and I just feel like doing what I know I need to do is too hard to commit to right now, yet I know that if I get my eating habits under control that will help with the stress and negative emotions that I am dealing with. For me, weight loss (while absolutely a desire) is not the number one objective. I just need to stop binge eating and stressing and worrying. I want to feel good. I want to be energetic and optimistic. I want to be in control of my eating habits and emotions. After reading many sites and testimonials etc I know that a low-carb diet can help me yet I just don't know how to commit to it.

Has anyone been here before? What did you do?

Been there. Hope I'm never there again. I haven't read the other responses, so excuse me if I repeat.
For me, I finally had the click moment where I realized that the only thing I can control is my actions, and that includes what I eat.
I always have grab and go foods handy (boiled eggs, nuts, pork rinds) and I always have at least one meal in the frig ready to heat and multiple meals ready in the freezer to heat and eat.
By having what I need available for when I'm tired or feeling weak, I've been able to eat 100% on plan for 573 days.
I did that one day at a time. Sometimes one meal or one choice at a time.

I also realized that I didn't have to control my emotions. They could and have/do come at their own will. But they leave again, regardless of what I eat. But they leave faster and with no extra negative emotions from my poor food choices.

And life's circumstances will come and go too. I can deal with them better when I'm taking care of myself the way I should. It's hard to take care of anyone else when you aren't properly taking care of yourself.

You start by waking up each day (or at every meal if need be) and telling yourself you're staying on plan. And you do again and again until you have nice string of successes behind you. For me, I don't want to start counting with day 1 again, so I keep making that choice.