View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-19, 05:47

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default That awkward stage....

So up until very recently, I knew I was losing weight, but was complaining I didn't really see the difference.

I just did measurement... and then checked my measurement history on Myfitnesspal... I started measuring in January. Between January and mid-March, measurement changes were negligible, and sometimes went the wrong direction, even though I was dropping weigh.

Now?

I'm down 7-8" on my waist, 5" on my hip, from my highest measuremnets.

I'm at that awkward stage where none of my clothes fit.

I tried to do yardwork yesterday. I was in a "new" pair of shorts, that I'd bought, but hadn't been able to wear because they were too small, last summer. They "fit great" now... until I was trying to mow the lawn. Then, they started to fall off.

I'm down 45 lbs from my start-weight. I have a lot of dresses & wrap-skirts I can wear, but sometimes, you just need PANTS (or shorts, since I live in FL.)

People never seem to "get" that this is a real problem... I can't just go buy new clothes yet, because I have at LEAST 25 lbs still to go... 30 if I want to hit the top end of the"healthy" BMI. I don't have the MONEY to invest in clothes I don't expect to be able to wear in six months.

I do have a (very unprofessional-looking) effective belt... and I'll be taking in some waistbands.

I'm not the kind of person who's ever enjoyed clothes-shopping. (That's got nothing to do with size, and everything to do with personality.) I have, in the past, felt horrible guilt and begged forgivness of my husband for buying a coat when I didn't have one. That's the kind of person I am when it comes to clothes-shopping. I feel horrid guilt, because the money could be going to something else, and here I'm selfishly spending it on me. When I do get something new, it tends to take me a while to feel "comfortable" wearing it...

Right now, I'm just hating that feeling of having nothing to wear. (Made worse, earlier this week, when I was thinking, "Oh, I can wear those dressy shorts" that I last wore a month ago, only to have them ridiculously too large.)
Sponsored Links