View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 12:24
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have seen that very, very lopsided account of acesulfame K before. MOST scientists at the more prestigious institutions such as Johns Hopkins and so on agree that the testing on Acesulfame K was not adequate, and used an older standard in order to scew the numbers to their favor. They also seem to agree that it is NOT harmless. But, they also agree that it probably isn't as dangerous as aspartame. I did look up the oligofructose, inulin (which is the sweetener in stevia) in somersweet. oligofructose is NOT the same as fructose, which as we know is the sugar in fruit. Oligo fructose seems to enhance beneficial bacterial in the intestines, always a good thing. SS claims that the acefulfame K is not deliberately added but a very very minor bit of left over "by products" from the chemical isolation of the other 2 ingredients. I don't know, but I do believe the amount is extremely miniscule in SS. I don't buy it because I think it is too expensive, especially the shipping is killer on both the SS website and also on HSN. But then I don't mind Stevia. it is an "acquired taste" sort of thing.
Donna