View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 11:24

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Watching a new to me program on TV : Food Over 50, on the Create channel.
" Omega 3's: Are they a fish story?" Well done and rather interesting!!

THis chef is cooking the old school way. Caught mackerel in the old country, filleted and baked over an open fire. Then more recipes at home: 1 part hummus to 1 part smoked mackerel ( about 6 z each) ,1 lemon juiced and 1/2 c chives or green onion.

Seved with celery and carrots ( and toast poiints) ....

I can only think about this recipe--- macherel is my skicking point.

Next up is salmon, with lemon. One fillet on a heavy duty foil, and with 1 fresh lemon juice over it all, a little cracked pepper, and line with lemon slices down the middle. AND dill, fresh!!, Dry white wine AROUND the fish on the foil- looked like 1/4 cup at most. Make foil into a packet. ANd bring up ends to look like a viking ship to act as handles. 6-8 minutes in oven or on grill. Spoon broth over fish, and add more dill. And more lemon. He served using the foil. LOL Dang, he served with baby potatoes dressed with oo.

Mackerel has more omega 3 than any fish; wild caught salmon is a little better than farmed for omega 3's.

Inclued a talk on the Omega 3's. ALA, EPA, DHA. Regulated genetic function with in the cells--- ( hearing this more and more, we turn on and off genes based on what we eat; Dr Lin talkes about this and why eating great quality food is very important.)

Omega 6's important too, but it is about balance. Our diets are too high in 6's and too low in 3's.

Fatty fish, nuts and seeds. = Best sources. SOme people need to talk to doctor first before supplementing the omegas.

Ends with a tip on snorckeling for fun and exercise.