View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 08:08

Plan: HFLC/NK
Stats: 200/130/125 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 93%

Good one Werebear. Yes, high enough levels of fructose inhibit the hormone leptin. This hormone is responsible for signalling to your brain that you are full and don't need more food. This will drive you to keep eating. There is an industry based on making food more addictive and they certainly know this. I believe this is why high fructose corn syrup is pile-driven into most forms of junk (and lots of supposedly "health" food too).

I've often felt during an overeating spree that it can gain it's own momentum. So that even after I'm emotionally ready to stop, I'm driven to keep going by a force outside my emotions. I'm guessing this may have been my hormones.

You will be driven to eat if your leptin is inhibited by too much sugar. Also too much sugar drives your insulin up,then it plummets. At this point, you are hormonally driven to eat in order to raise insulin levels and so the cycle continues. Just being aware of all this can be helpful I think.

I'm also intrigued by Seejays method. This sounds like it could be really effective. If you promise to get in 3 good enjoyable and healthful meals a day, no matter what, this would really help I think.

Best of luck