#36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 07:07

Plan: Atkins/Paleo mix
Stats: 219/209.4/170 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:Yep
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLady
I guess I should check the stats but are wondering if anyone actually lost weight by not counting carbs, or is it just on maintenance that you don't count them? Also, do you find that portion control matters or can you eat whatever you want that's LC in quanities that you desire? Do you eat late at night or do you stop eating earlier in the evening so the food consumed won't turn into fat and cause a gain?

Yep! I've lost net 37 lbs (been fluctuating within two or three pounds on either side for the past few weeks due to excessive cheating! Boo!) and have never counted my carbs. It leads to an obsessive thing, which leads to binges. Other people might be able to count without it becoming a fixation, but not me. In terms of portion size, I don't do seconds. I usually have protein + veg for dinner, and that's that. I limit my snacking to when I get home from work with pork rinds, and limit that slightly...but not enough to make me feel deprived. That's the point of LC, right? Not feeling deprived or hungry, EVER. I try not to eat at night just because it makes me feel gross. I figure that food is fuel, and I don't need any fuel for laying down and reading at night!! That said, if I'm hungry (which if I have eaten right throughout the day, I shouldn't be), I eat a cheese stick or have a handful of almonds (if I'm past induction).

Do what makes sense to you and what gives you results. Everyone varies. It's trial and error for each person. So eat until you feel full, when it makes sense. Best of luck!