#42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-20, 09:02

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Bob-a-rama- Can you direct me to this diet or tell me what it entails?

Here it is. Before the diet I couldn't walk two blocks without sitting. Now I walk 4 miles briskly for exercise with zero pain. Before the diet the little finger on my left hand was so bad I skipped G# notes on my saxophone. Now I can play all the G#s I want.

It was given to me by a doctor, who doesn't believe in meds as a first response. Unfortunately he retired years ago.

For both arthritis and bursitis, treatment is similar:

Try the dietary approach first, and if that doesn't work, take stronger action.

Foods that may contribute to chronic inflammation are foods with a high glycemic index (foods that convert to sugar quickly), such as fruit juices, sugars, simple starches, or rice cakes, foods heavy in polyunsaturated or saturated fats, and foods high in arachidonic acid. Some specific foods to avoid are:

* Fatty cuts of red meat (high in saturated fats) lean is good
* Organ meats: liver, kidney, and so forth (very high in arachidonic acid)
* Egg yolks (very high in arachidonic acid)
* Poultry - chicken, duck, turkey (very high in arachidonic acid)
* Pasta (high glycemic index)
* Juices (high glycemic index)
* Rice, especially rice cakes (high glycemic index)
* White bread (substitute whole grain breads such as rye)
* Nightshade Plants bother many people (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, paprika)

Glycemic index charts can be found on the Internet.

Better choices are foods with a low glycemic index and foods that are heavy in monounsaturated fats. Some specific good foods are:

* Salmon and other fish
* Oatmeal
* Low glycemic fresh fruits and vegetables
* Olives and olive oil
* Peanuts and other nuts
* Whey proteins
* Lean beef is good, 100% grass fed is better

I've shared this with others, and it always gives great improvement to complete.

Try it strictly for a month and see what it does for you. The doc said, "no cheating for the first month, if you fall off the wagon once, start over".

Giving up chicken was the hardest for me, but walking 4 miles with no pain is even better.