View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-12, 09:33

Plan: juicing/ all green veg
Stats: 230/212/172 Male 70
BF:
Progress:
Default Me too... hives or something else perhaps

... The strangest thing happened to me and it may be related to your issue...weight at beginning of cleanse 230, after 4 weeks of green juice x twice a day and an all vegetable diet x 1 meal a day I am now 212 lbs...

I noticed (after the first 3 weeks), tiny patches of hives appearing on various places, including finger joints (knuckles), and what seems to be a slight case of athletes foot. Never in 30 years have I had athletes foot or any sort of allergic reaction as I have no known allergies and I keep very clean. After one more week I have what looks like ring-worm (dry circular patches) in the same places on knuckles and between two toes. have treated with Lotrimin (to no avail), and Benadryl. The Benadryl has removed the itch and the body hives well, but the (ringworm?) other symptoms remain.

I can only conclude that this problem is a condition related to immunological reaction to the diet change, or even high-dose vitamins from the juice.

I am still taking vitamin c-6000uid and niacin 200uic b6, b12, and d3x10000uid, in addition and continue to lose weight and feel great besides, so the benefits outweigh the rash.

I am going to change the treatment for the rings to organic tea tree oil drops (topical) applied x-twice a day to dry out the rash (ring).