#9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-13, 13:06

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove
Right I found a trainer but I want to just learn the techniques and do on my own. Yes you can burn 900 in an hour that is what I did !!!!
One thing - KBs are high intensity and whole body, so if you want to maximize fat loss, you have to keep the workouts short, like under 20 minutes. A whole hour of it would just burn sugar and protein (not as much fat). Not sure if you care what kind of calories you're burning - but if you want it to be stored fat, keep the session short if intensity is high and it's whole body.

Here's a neat article about this.

article about fat burning, intensity, and whole body

Quote:
So if exercising with high intensity is what you need to burn fat, then why not exercise longer so you can double or triple the fat burning? This is where (too) many people fall into the trap…thinking more is better.

Unfortunately it’s not the case. Exercise isn’t about just burning calories. It’s about burning the right calories. Just like dieting…cutting calories isn’t enough…if you don’t eat the right foods, it won’t work.

This is why the duration of the exercise is so important. If you exercise hard for a long time (an hour of more) you’re going to require more energy and (as I mentioned before) it’s going to get as much of it from your glycogen (stored glucose) first. Once that’s all used up, your body shifts it’s focus on converting protein (from your muscles) to energy and completely bypasses fat.

So by exercising hard for a longer duration, you’ve managed to burn more calories, but you burned calories from sugar and protein…not fat. Which means, you kept the fat, but lost the muscles…not exactly what you were working for.