View Single Post
  #257   ^
Old Fri, May-24-13, 13:29
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I find that eating too much protein raises my blood sugar. I've been consciously cutting back and my fasting blood glucose has dropped 15-20 points. I'm trying to keep it around 60g a day right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph622
I'm all for truth in advertising, and I'm not trying to imply anything here; rather, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience I have. You've been careful about your carbs, you're watching what you eat, and you're therefore having to draw a conclusion about a past-preferred diet soda. With the prices of diet drinks soaring, my husband and I have determined to purchase our diet sodas at Kroger, in fact, it's the Kroger brand. Those are substantially less expensive than the Name brand sodas. But, after monitoring my blood sugar (I have diabetes), I'm having to ask around whether anyone else has noticed that, even when they've been "good", for whatever reason, they get up the next day and maybe their blood sugar isn't hauntingly high, but it's higher than it should be for first thing in the morning, especially if you had a practically carb-free meal the evening before (the only carbs were two sliced tomatoes and one thin slice of white onion). And if you didn't eat anything after dinner, and the only thing you had was a Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda. I'm not trying to hurl accusations here. I'm just wondering if anybody else has tested a bit high after drinking the Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda. My first-thing-in-the-morning number today was 172--that's WAY too high for someone who's had what I believe I've had to eat and drink. No, there were no extra crackers--in fact, there weren't any crackers at all. No chips, no milk, no fruit. My husband suggested that the sure way to tell would be for me to cut out the Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda and to have water instead. Thanks for any ideas you might share with me about this.