#67   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 01:18

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Originally posted by Hutchinson:

Quote:
I sometimes get the feeling the researchers are beavering away at finding out more minuscule details in their own particular specialty and not seeing that the same pattern of disease response is occurring elsewhere in the system.

ABSOLUTELY!!! They can't see the wood for the trees.

On the papers/abstracts you posted: I read some product reviews in German posted by people taking Wobenzym. Some of them posted that their C-reactive protein levels were markedly lower after taking Wobenzym. Another wrote that all visible signs of a previous heart attack disappeared after he (without telling his doctors) had put himself on Wobenzym. He returned to the doctors for a check-up and the doctor who checked him thought they had got the wrong person!!! This guy even left a phone number on the product review, and I found his website but the email address wasn't correct.

Proteolytic enzymes also help with cardiovascular disease in general. So, if they help with "cleaning up" the vessels of the heart, it doesn't seem to me to be a huge leap of faith to assume that they could help elsewhere in the body, too. I seriously believe that the therapeutic benefits of these enzymes are underestimated.

The first abstract you posted was very technical and I didn't really follow it seeing as I don't know half of the words. But what came across - if I'm not totally stupid - was that these disorders are also related to proteins getting to places that they shouldn't. If there are enough proteolytic enzymes in the body, then these will be automatically dealt with. However, it seems that our supplies of enzymes also diminish with age (this is certainly true of amylase). By supplementation we can perhaps slow down this ageing process and help our body get rid of proteins that may cause damage if not eliminated or restructured.

amanda