View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-16, 15:19

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Plan A is still out of the question but I was resolute that nothing would deter me from Plan B. I slept longer this morning and started out around 9.

Up through Rectory Wood and down into Carding Mill Valley it was fine, then hot and sunny. Climbing out of Carding Mill Valley it was too hot to wear my jacket and I started worrying about the fact I had no sun hat and nothing with which to cover my bare arms. And was I carrying enough water? But by the time I descended into Batch Valley it was raining.

The rain got harder as I climbed out of it and on Plush Hill reached downpour level. As I went down the path into Gog Batch my trousers were soaked, my sleeves were wet. Fortunately my feet were dry and felt lovely and warm - it is worth spending £15 on a pair of socks. Streams of water ran down the steep, twisting roads. Then, lower down the valley, the rain throttled back to just raining. By the time I climbed out it had almost stopped and I started to dry out as I approached All Stretton.

There was an interlude of warm sunshine, and if I had come back by the direct route I would have missed the second downpour but no, I had to poke about lanes and alleyways in search of shortcuts.

Later F. and I strolled through Rectory Wood into Carding Mill Valley to have tea in the National Trust cafe, which is turning into a routine.