View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-21, 09:12

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Tried to read the full study, but the link is not working for me.

Quote:
"Dr Sarah Berry from King's College London said, "It has long been suspected that blood sugar levels play an important role in controlling hunger, but the results from previous studies have been inconclusive. We've now shown that sugar dips are a better predictor of hunger and subsequent calorie intake than the initial blood sugar peak response after eating, changing how we think about the relationship between blood sugar levels and the food we eat.""

The observations that people react differently is important and here's hoping the message gets shared widely. Many are confused when the latest diet that worked for others doesn't work at all. Sugar dips are a fact of life, and what one eats has everything to do with controlling those dips. I'm a prime example of one who was once eating 3 meals a day of what I thought was healthy food and started experiencing huge dips by 11am where the only answer was to get more carbs in me to correct low BG.

While this study is a good first step, people need to understand that the dips can be corrected; yet, one needs to understand exactly why they're experiencing this and how to resolve it. The next stage of this study would be to prescribe dietary corrections and to learn by data from the CGMs how people are reacting to the diets. This stage would be very expensive for accurate controls, so the other alternative is to use this study to educate people enough to change their personal eating lifestyle to something they can track and adjust, an educated N=1. Where would they start? Westman, Naiman, Kendall, Unwin, Gerber, Hallberg, and others would be my recommendation of those with approaches having a history of success with many people.