Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 19:21
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepard
Do you have links or can you explain the good arguments for off night carb loading, please? Am interested in the diet, but am concerned about it's healthfulness for someone one like me who doesn't need to lose any more weight.

Hi This has many benefits and addresses the depleted hormones that occur when on LC for a while. That is the usual cause for slowing and stalls of losses.. the carb load is for a specific time and amount of time. It will cause insuline spikes and that in turn releases fat burning hormones/leptin.etc;.. that lasts for 4 days. You return to normal eating on plan in the morning and each week this boost encourges the losses.
This is essentially what I did for decades to maintian a 190# loss. I ate on plan and then had a major meal off. It is not enough to break out of ketosis.

THis IS for fat loss so I think you would be better off doing the Atkins plan and increase your carbs and calories as needed to maintain. I run the A-TEAM which has folks remaining in range (normally) and folks losing. If you are interested, pop in and read and come on board IF you follow the ATKINS 1972 or 1992 versions. The games are listed under challenges etc and are the A-TEAM games.. been going on for years with most of these folks. Hope this helped