View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 12:05

Plan: keto
Stats: 278/239/220 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Same thing happened to me

Yesterday, after being on a Keto diet for two weeks, along with intermittent fasting, I broke down and had some of the treats I had bought for a Christmas get together. I had a whole mini stolen, one lebkuchen, six chocolates and six shortbread cookies. That was after I had had a bag of pepperoni slices , a bowl of tomato soup that I had made from pizza sauce and heavy cream.I topped off the soup with shredded pizza cheese . I have also just started going to the gym recently.

I was sure that I would be out of Ketosis this morning but I am still in the mid range, medium purple. Not even pink on the urine strip, but purple. There are a couple things I think might have helped me maintain Ketosis. One is that I have been working out and fasting 24 hours every day, with a keto meal before bed. So my muscle glycogen stores probably filled before my liver stores did. Another thing is that I have been making " magnesium water" by adding three table spoons of unflavored magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia) to one liter of water and carbonizing it in a soda stream machine. This converts the magnesium hydroxide to magnesium bicarbonate. Magnesium hydroxide is a laxative that you don't absorb. Magnesium bicarbonate is readily absorbed by the body. A search on the internet concerning magnesium deficiency and insulin resistance will show a study which draws a strong correlation and probably causative relationship between magnesium deficiency and insulin resistance. Carbs may be a much greater problem to the human body when it is magnesium deficient. Out food today has much less magnesium due to high yield strains of crops and most people are magnesium deficient. Could it be that raising the bodies levels of magnesium makes them much more able to handle carbs?