View Single Post
  #3080   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 05:49

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good New Years Eve!!!!

Blue- Thank you for your lovely post. I have been in Case management for 10 years but not in the hospital like I am now. So as a "discharge planner" Case manager which is what I am doing IS a specialty and what I signed up for. There is little to no need for working with diabetics unless one is certified (a test I failed by 6 questions). So yes I picked Discharge planning as my "specialty". I can easily do it- it is very natural for me. I can very easy see where people need place/ and or help get them there.

So I guess you are right regarding discharge planner talking about hospice. But what I am finding is very few do in a timely manner. They are quick to to place people in a nursing home and letting the nursing home deal with it- few take it head on at the front door. I am very PRO HOSPICE It is such an under utilized service. Now I have be so pro hospice I have been approached to work for one. I thought about it. I like variety so I declined it. I am happy for now doing what I am doing.I like not being stuck in one thing, I have to admit.

OMG- I know you know this.......... But I am so glad you are taking it serious. FALLS...... can be..... deadly. Especially for all of us. We just don't bounce like we used to. You really see a 20 something with a broken hip. They bounce up and keep on trekking. Falls is a real deal thing. I am scared of them too! So please please be careful.

I just love your bead project! I think you have a real nitch there! Have you looked into some Spring festivals?

NIC-- I agree with Blue- Big hugs- you are one of the best moms ever. LIFE happens. You have done so well with your kids!
Are you doing anything tonight?

Lori- As far as MY 2 cents I say we start a new thread tomorrow. It is taking FOREVER to post or correct and edit! What do you all think?

I am so happy for you! You have really worked so hard this year on getting your function, movement, and healthy weight right on track. That is work, and you should be proud of your self. You just can't BUY Health!!!
Are you planning on golf this spring? I sure hope so I know how much you love your game!

TRIG-
Hope you are tucked in your hotel and having a great time!!! We want news!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
-------------------------------------------------------
Yup I am working today and tomorrow. $$$$$ Yes please! I was able to pay all my bills last check. that means that the next 3 will hit the saving account. I get paid weekly. So to be able to pay everything out of one and bank 3 is AWESOME.

I am SO SO SO ready to start fresh on the WOE. I am not losing. I am too much of a good thing right now. I am loving those crab cakes. - They don't use bread crumbs- they do it New England style, using Mayo and egg. I dunno. FRUSTRATED. I feel lighter, do to MOVING, Steps, more seafood, less veggies..... I am going to just keep doing what I am doing. I think I LOOK less bloaty, but still have this spare tire that is not a tire but a TRUCK TIRE!!! -
Not going to whine here...... I am going to look forward to having a new bright and shiny new year!

As long as I have all my brain power and will - I will work this out. I want to hit goal this year! This is the year.
I will chat more about that later tonight.

The weather here is in the 60's and I LOVE it! Who would have thought!!!!! Not much cooler than GA.
I am not going out tonight- I have to work tomorrow and I will save my celebrating for maybe Friday night and take myself out to dinner. I want to try the place Lori recommended FIN's . It is about a mile down the street.
After all when Lori- and NIC come I want them to have a good idea of what's good! - Any time ladies!!!!!! I am looking forward to it. We can plan after all the holiday stuff settles! I am here until March 14th. My mom and her husband are coming March 11th. She said it was because they wanted to help me drive home. Truth be told it is the seafood, and beach in early Spring! They will be exploring while I wrap up my final days there. It's ok I guess. But I don't really want to share my driving with either of them. My mom is so shaken behind the wheel! Sigh...... I will be watching THEM try to get home!

ALL- Speaking of WOE- I think we should all recommit!!! This year has been a rough WOE year I think for some of us- Awesome for TRIG and Lori who are Crushing it! OK- OFF to work. I already know it is going to be super busy- we are down to Skelton crew again due to holiday- tomorrow same way.
I also told that family I would keep that assignment until they are discharged appropriately- so they don't have to go through everything with a new person. Gotta run!