View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-18, 08:25

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
People who don't struggle to maintain their weight may very well be those people who don't need to struggle to maintain their weight.

I definitely agree with Teaser on this. Comparing naturally metabolically healthy individuals to those who aren't and tend to gain weight (and therefore diet, skip meals etc. trying to not gain) is comparing apples to oranges.

Quote:
In addition to dieting and irregular eating habits, women's risk of gaining weight was increased by giving birth to two or more children, regular consumption of sweetened beverages and poor contentment with life.

The physical adaptations that come from pregnancy (promote survival in case of pregnancy/birth during a famine) definitely gave me weight gain issues. Too much sugar and carbohydrate in general during the height of the low-fat era, too. And if we're talking about the same women who gave birth to two or more little ones, "poor contentment with life" just might translate to exhaustion from lack of sleep and keeping up with all the constant needs of small loved but helpless human beings. Mothers of young children tend to rate lower on those types of psychological scores, but maternal contentment goes up as as children grow more independent at self care and things like mom's sleep and more personal time return. Interesting that smoking increased likelihood of men's weight gain. Possibly a marker for poor personal health habits in general, as I've heard women used to smoke to keep their weight down.