#149   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 14:26

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Male -
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower51
Wow this was a long and entertaining read!

Since the word "inflammation" came up a few times, I have some questions re same.

Can anyone point me to a reliable source, or list your own if you know this, of foods that are anti inflammatory? Also foods that are considered inflammatory (outside of the obvious like processed foods, sugar, frankenfoods).

I'm wondering specifically:

if ALL grains are considered inflammatory, even oatmeal and things like bread made from 100% sprouted spelt. (minimal serving of 1 piece of toast or a serving +/of oatmeal a day accompanied w/protein)

I know olive oil and ocean fish are mostly considered antiinflammatory foods. I'm thinking that romaine lettuce, celery, bok choy, asparagus and artichokes would be also.

As far as inflammatory foods:

What about the nightshade veggies?

All citrus fruits?

Are beef and poultry considered inflammatory even if marinated in olive oil and vinegar or wine overnight to minimize arch acid?

Eggs even w/efas added? Dairy? Butter?

Are lower carb soy products such as soy sauce, tofu or soymilk considered inflammatory?

What about vinegars?

Thanks! Terry

There's an argument that foods containing arachidonic acid (an omega 6 fatty acid) are inflammatory - see the book Inflammation Nation by Chilton. But there are also arguments that this is incorrect - see the book review of the Chilton book at the Weston-Price webpage.