View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-09, 01:50
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

For those of you who might do some online research regarding Candida infection in the esophagus, the majority of websites you visit will tell you that the primary reason for the infection is due to being HIV positive and having a suppressed immune system. Also if you ask your doctor about it, he or she might tell you that Candida infection can only happen to people with HIV or who have some other disease which suppresses the immune system. That is why they might immediately dismiss your questions about Candida infection as being "silly" or "unwarranted".

While this can be true for some patients, it is not the case for me. I do not have any disease which suppresses my immune system, and I do not have HIV. The doctor gave me an HIV test after she found I had a Candida infection, and then I came back 6 months later to have another HIV test just to make sure. Both tests were negative. (See pics below)

After I had the first HIV test, the doctor also had me go to another doctor who specialized in allergies, to see if I had a normal immune response to Candida. That doctor gave me an allergy test (three injections just under the skin on my forearm). She injected a little bit of Candida in one spot and two other allergens in two different spots. All three spots where she injected the allergens had a normal allergic reaction, including the spot where she injected the Candida. Surprisingly enough, the spot where she injected the Candida healed 100% a few weeks later while the other two spots where she injected the other allergens never fully healed and left two little scars on my arm. See pics below.

This shows that my immune system was functioning normally. The doctors had no idea why I had a Candida infection in my esophagus. They couldn't explain WHY it happened. I guess some people are just more susceptible to it than others.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone whose doctor might dispute Candida infection as a possibility.