View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 09:45

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Excellent article!

It's taken me 19 months to lose 75 pounds with a lot of ups and downs along the way and a great deal of being willing to change things on my part. I still have 45 pounds to go to get to my goal and I would be thrilled to make it by the end of this year, but don't believe that's entirely realistic. I'd be happy (and have set this as my goal for 2003) to be down another 30 pounds by next Christmas (that's a little over 1/2 pound per week) and perhaps hit my goal by summer of 2004. That may seen like incredibly slow weight loss to some, but as long as the scale keeps moving downward, who cares how long it takes me? I'm eating well and feeling great while I lose! We live in a society that has been weaned on instant gratification (what do you mean I can't lose 50 lbs. in 2 months??? Product X says it can achieve that for me!) along with a sad lack of personal accountability (I give you the fast food chain lawsuits as an example). Bottom line is that nobody can motivate me to do this but me and nobody can make it happen but me. I have to do the grunt work myself and I alone am accountable for the results that I get.
Can we make this article a sticky? I think it's a great read for any low carber!